Coast Guard Station

The continued frequent loss of life along the outer beach of Cape Cod, or the ‘backside,’ led Congress in 1871 to reorganize the Life Saving Service and place it on a full-time professional status. The construction and manning of nine stations on the “backside” of Cape Cod was provided for in the Federal budget of 1871. This is one of the original nine stations and was constructed at Nauset. The present building was in service as a Coast Guard Station until 1958.

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close