Eastham Painters Guild Offers ArtWeek Events
- May 1 – Exhibit by the Guild opens at the Eastham Public Library. See artists’ interpretations of historic events and locations in Eastham. Each painting is accompanied by a story explaining the significance of the artwork to Eastham’s history.
- May 2, noon-4PM – The public is invited to the Windmill Green to participate in painting 12″ square panels that will be assembled into a mural representing 400 years of Eastham history. Rain date is May 3.
- May 5, 9-11AM – The public is invited to join Guild members plein air painting at First Encounter Beach, Samoset Road in Eastham. All are encouraged to join us as we paint at the historic location of the first encounter between Native Americans and Pilgrims in 1620.
- May 7, 4-7:30PM – 30 local artists participate in painting from life a Wompanoag tribe member in traditional dress. Artists can contact us to sign up to participate (30 artists maximum can participate.) This event takes place at the Eastham Public Library and the public is encouraged to come and watch.
- May 8, 2:30-4PM – Elementary school-aged children are invited to the Eastham Public Library where Guild members will guide budding artists in using oil pastels to draw objects related to the history of native Americans and Pilgrims.
- May 9, 1PM – The public is invited to the Eastham Superette for the unveiling of the 12′ x 6′ mural representing 400 years of Eastham history assembled from 12″ painted panels. Rain date is May 10.