Lighthouse

Nauset Light is the most famous lighthouse on the Cape and also appears on every bag of Cape Cod potato chips. The 48′ lighthouse was originally white and one of two lighthouses in Chatham, but dismantled and moved to Eastham around 1923. The top of the lighthouse was painted red in the early 1940’s to distinguish it from other lighthouses. It was moved again in 1996 as the Altantic Ocean continued to erode the banks of the cliff edging closer and closer to the structure.

search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close