As a landscape painter, Martha enjoys the natural beauty of Cape Cod’s ever-changing light and color, which inspires her paintings in oils, acrylics, and watercolors. She is a former art teacher with over thirty years of art teaching experience in Massachusetts. As such, she is knowledgeable and familiar with a variety of art media.
Martha is happiest painting “en plein air” alongside other artists, who similarly enjoy painting directly from nature. Cape Cod is the perfect place to paint outdoors. Each painting session is a stimulating journey with new challenges and discoveries along the way and oh so much fun! Martha has found a greater appreciation for nature and is at peace painting the Cape’s varied landscapes throughout the seasons.
• Emmanuel College, A.B. with Distinction in Art
• Massachusetts College of Art, M.S.A.Ed.
• Museum of Fine Arts School, teaching recertification
• Harvard University, A.L.M. in Museum Studies
• Fulbrite Japan-U.S. Teacher Exchange Program on Sustainability, 2012
• Teachers as Artists Grant, 2010
• National Endowment for Humanities, Teachers as Scholars Fellowship, 2010 & 2015
• Fund for Teachers Fellowship 2005, 2010, 2013
• Juried Member, Eastham Painters Guild
• Juried Gallery Exhibitor/Member, Guild of Harwich Artists
• Juried Artist, Cape Cod Art Center
• Artist Member, Chatham Creative Arts Center